After returning from my trip to Pennsylvania, I noticed an actual Wal-Mart near Derby (off of 34). I really like 34, everytime I hit that road, I feel right at home.
So this weekend, I had a few more hours that needed to get incorporated into my work week, so I figured I'd head to Wal-Mart and then I went to work. I didn't get too much from Wal-Mart but did buy a nice pair of shoes from a nearby shoe store.
My big hope for this weekend was to go to the Savin Rock fair in West Haven. It seemed pretty cool actually, Savin Rock was an old theme park. I believe now it is just a museum of what it used to be, but if it was free, it still would have been cool to see! On my course towards West Haven, I found a Texas Roadhouse (the place with the awesome rolls & honey butter!) I didn't really want to eat alone, but the waitress was very sweet so it made lunch a little nicer. After stuffing myself with BBQ, I used my google maps to find Savin Rock... but unfortunately must have missed it somewhere. I swear it was not at all where it was supposed to be! Oh well... That's why we have google and virtual vacations, right? I did get to see the shoreline of West Haven, including a fish restaurant. And all in all, had a decent weekend, just because I was able to get myself out of my place.
No comments:
Post a Comment